It's new year but I don't make resolutions----that's something that just screams to be forgotten.....but there are things we are striving to do for the new year. Less touristing and shopping and more employment stuff. By the pictures you can see how we welcomed 2009. I've been wearing gloves and my toastie toes. Dad even had to get a pair of warm gloves---now he just needs to remember to wear them while scraping off the car. What's really icky is the ice you have to get off the car....all the ponds and lakes have ice on them.
New Years Eve I hit the sack at 11 pm and grumpily said good morning at 9 am. I don't do mornings, y'know. But it's sooooo nice sleeping every night. I sleep too much---making up for those 31 years of working nites.
We're now on our own at the hospital in transport----OK all you L&D nurses, get your laughs out now. We're not allowed to actually touch the patients getting on the stretcher or in the wheel chairs. Only PAID employees and nurses can do that. I can hardly stand that sometimes. Can't turn off a beeping IVAC either. But it's kinda fun running all over the hospital. We do patients, labs, equipment and you name it. And they love us because we're about the youngest ones there!!!
So we're hitting the stakes to move, move, move and move to get things going. So many people have been laid off and of course the job scene all across the nation is bad. But it's a slow process to get people called, trained and finding those that need the services we have to offer. We hear from our counterparts in New Delhi and Mexico and they're so busy there aren't enough hours in the day. But they're generally welfare so they're building dams, teaching infant resus, teaching English and generally getting out and mingling with the natives. The Mexico couple have to be in their apartment before dark. I do have a visiting teaching route and we're still taking a number of meals and driving people to doctor appts.Our mission President challenged all the missionaries to read the Book of Mormom by March 31----think I might actually finish it this time???:-)
AND HOW BOUT THOSE UTES???????????
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Another Year
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eeek! That looks cold. And slippery, so watch that you don't go down.
It is interesting you get called to be employment missionaries right before the employment situation takes a dive. It will certainly keep you busy. Your hospital service sounds fun. No big responsibility and stress. I look forward to that.
I enjoy your blog, don't get so busy that you can't post regularly!
Good luck on the Book of Mormon read. We are about to get a similar challenge in Ward Conference on Sunday.
I bet it is tough for you to fight the nurse instincts at times, what with not touching the patients or equipment. But is some ways, what a relief! Not your responsibility anymore. Of course, you have new responsibilities instead...no time for boredom, right?
Post a Comment