BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 19, 2009

Survival of the Fitness

I don't know how fit we are but we did survive the sub zero temps. As long as the wind wasn't blowing it was OK, but the minute a breeze starts or a howling wind, it's miserable. Yesterday we had another foot of snow, church was cancelled all together so we spent a WHOLE day in our 720 square foot space.....talk about cabin fever!!!!!! But today was so pretty driving to our volunteering at the hospital. They are so good about plowing the roads so once the rush hour traffic is done, it's a nice drive. So here are a couple pictures of our drive----the last time you saw these places the leaves were in full color!!!



We came home a different way---and were kinda lost----but we found a "Wendys"--and saw these two nicely colored homes.....


The one above had me doing a u turn right in the middle of a two lane street!!!! So now we're preparing for presentations a a training meeting on Saturday---and waiting for more snow tonight!!! But you'll have to look and chuckle at the next pictures....dad thought he should get a hat for this bad weather. Never in 46 years have I seen him wear a hat except when he was in a barbershop quartet. So now he looks like a REALLY old man. No, I don't think it really keeps his head any warmer, but......

I'm not sure what's with the expression on his face......

9 comments:

jen Whetman said...

Oh, your hubby looks cute! That part of the country is so beautiful! I'm sure the freezing temps aren't so beautiful, but what the eye sees is amazing. Love the pictures and the updates. Be safe and careful. No falling and breaking a hip!

Melinda said...

Boy, it DOES look cold! All our snow is nearly melted and we have the sunshine to bake in the unhealthy air. Even our valley has the smog today...we're usually much better than Salt Lake.

I think Dad looks handsome. Our Bishop has a hat like that and he wears it with his long, warm, trench coat when he walks to the church in the winter. Makes him look more like Mafia than Bishopric :)

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

You got it!!!! He's a Mafia Man!!!!! He has a black trench coat too to wear with his dress up stuff!!!

Kim and company said...

Your blog is quite revealing---what with Scott being Catholic, and Dad being a part of the Mafia, I am learning all sorts of great info! Sorry about your cabin fever--some days I crave a little down time in one location! I guess when I go on a senior mession eh?

Andria said...

He looks awesome! No wonder you've been married so long. I hope things are going great for you! I'll think of you as I am working in my WARM yard pulling weed tomorrow! (ha ha)

Andria said...

So I worked with your son last night! He was quite pleasant - even at four a.m.! So yeah I am working - just per diem though. It's a minimum 3 nights a month, so not too bad. The pay is better down here, too! We live in Queen Creek - just barely south east of Gilbert. We like it - we're adjusting, but the winter is fabulous! So we giggled about some stories about you last night. Hope you are doing well!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

So you ARE with him. When you said it was about 25 minutes away I figured that was a good possibility. NOW---you have to get him to do things YOUR way. I taught him to be darned nice to nurses when he was a med student and also taught him how to do his first VE. You should have seen him sweat!!!!!!! NO talking about me behind my back!!!! What's your email???

Amy Spalding said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on Carrie's blog...and fyi, I NEVER had the waist of a 2 year old. In fact-Grandma Rogers made Mom re-measure my waist once when I was nine or ten because she couldn't believe how big it was!!! I really don't have a waist, straight up and down. Anyway, and thanks for the awesome Red Sox stuff you sent for Christmas. We shared with Gavin because he is a big fan, too. It was a hit!!

Melanie said...

WOW that snow is georgeous!!! and the houses are such awesome colors!!!