BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, Baby, It's COOOOOLLLLLDDDD outside!!!!!

There's no picture that can adequately explain how cold it is---except on the news this morning someone cracked an egg in a pan outside and in 5 minutes it was frozen solid!!! That would be cold and that's just today----tomorrow it'll be even colder. In Chicago it's even colder so Dave and family are in a real arctic freeze. No doubt we'll hear of broken water pipes and schools will be closed. They really close frequently in anticipation of bad weather. We're going south tonight to meet with a Stake President and employment specialist and hopefully we'll miss the snow. It was supposed to hit us but took a turn south. Even the ski areas in Vermont are closed it's so cold.

All of a sudden with the holiday over we have lots of meetings scheduled with employment specialists----5 new ones in 5 stakes and in the next two weeks we have a number of committments with stake people. "Brother Joe" (as we call him) is coming from New York to join in the meetings too. We have career workshops scheduled for the first Saturday the next 5 months and hopefully the singles wards will get things together and we can do "Getting on With Life" for them. I guess people are finally getting the message that this area is in trouble. BYU Management group is having a meeting Jan 27 and since we are "officers" we'll be there. They're doing a networking blitz. I think we're most surprised that so many of the Stake people don't do ANYTHING. If they post a notice on the bulletin board, they thing they're done. Fortunately we have the new ones to indoctrinate to our way of thinking. One of the big problems is that there was a 5 month gap between the last couple and us so things just stopped cold, then the holidays started and there were so many other things to think about. But we're getting more info that stake people and bishops are being laid off so that makes them more aware of what's going on.


Coming home from church we took the road around Nagog Pond (more like a lake) where we took some of those first pictures of the fall leaves and here's what we spotted. A whole family of deer. You can't see all the little ones because something happened to my camera and the screen is all black and white and we couldn't see what we were taking. But we did get the big mommy.


Then I have to prove we DO laundry. We spotted several close to us but they were small and not so nice so we go to Chelmsford (about 10 miles) to a nice one. A good outing every 10-14 days.


We always have to go Tuesday-Thursday as it is 50 cents a load cheaper than the other days!!!
And we found some other houses of interesting color combinations. It's hard to get some of them as the traffic on these narrow two lane roads don't allow you to stop and take pictures.

Don't you if you can really tell but this is a blue house with pink shutters!!!


We call this the creamsicle house.








Must buzz off as my visiting teachers are due to arrive. They may stick to the pavement!!!
Happy 40th Jolynn!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I LOVE those old homes. The creamsicle color, not so much. I always wanted to go back East after college. But my mother threatened me with bodily harm if I took her grandchildren that far away. So I reconsidered. And after looking at the temps, I'm kinda glad we did. :)

Kristin said...

Yeah Paige, let's not rub it in about the temps...

Glad you found a nice laundromat. Our washer is currently not working, but in this weather, I would rather wear dirty clothes than go out. Here's hoping that Sears will come before we are out of clean clothes.

I love the old homes too.

Sounds like you guys are getting busier all the time. I am sure your help is very much needed.

Try to stay warm! (I know how difficult that can be.) At least you have a different coldness threshold than most.

Kim and company said...

Um, we enjoyed our hot tub yesterday. The high was 76. So as much as people belly ache about the whoas of our Summers---I have to say---it really is a pleasant place to live 10 months out of the year! What fun sights you get to see---and I wish you had a "mamita" to do your laundry! Love you two!

jen Whetman said...

Our first house was built in the 1940's and was an M&M blue house! It was a cute little old house and good for a starter home. Those homes are beautiful (well not all of them)! Keep wrapped-up and don't fall!