
And that is no lie!!!! Get out your "google earth" and you will see us in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia with Halifax and Dartmouth on each side of the bay. In the picture you see the lighthouse which is on Devil's Island. We are at a Bed and Breakfast----4128 Shore Rd. Our room looks over the water and we see the cruise ships, fishing boats, ducks and at low tide, all the mussels in the sand. It is so cool!!! Weather is a bit nippy but it's such a traditional little town. One of the ladies in our class today owns a gift shop on Fisherman's Cove--which is right on the water. There's all these little shops up and down the lane along with restaurants (featuring lobster, crab and all those delicacies which I despise!!). They're just little shacks too to keep in sync with the surrounding ambiance!!!
We did teach our first workshop today and it went ok, I think. We had to change things around due to the work experience there but we adjusted just fine. Another one on Monday. Tonight and tomorrow we're going to Stake Conference meetings here in the local stake. Because of distance they have one session here in the am and another a few hours away in another location. Distances here are amazingly far!! They were in Maine too. To drive from one side of the stake to the other took 4 hours!! Makes you appreciate where you live!!
It' funny to see only caucasian people around. No Hispanics or Brazilians. There are French TV stations and at the grocery stores there's French on one side and English on the other--like on cereal boxes. There doesn't seem to be any love lost for the French tho. Our hosts said there's no French in their house and there never will be. And I guess the French turn up their noses and treat English speaking people like dirt.
The first picture is of the Halifax Temple which is closed now for some outside remodeling. And there's dad at the store front.
So there you have it!! The latest. Tuesday we'll head for Prince Edward Island!! I love traveling!!!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
We're at the edge of the continent!
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 12:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man! You guys are having WAY too much fun. I'm jealous of all the gorgeous scenery you're getting to see. I guess that's why you have your blog...so we can all live vicariously through you!
Amazingly Beautiful, oh my goodness! I love to think of the church in every little nook and cranny of the world. Good luck with your workshops.
Post a Comment