BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just another trip...




Sorry I'm adding every day but today was so fun!!! After the Halifax Stake Conference, Bro Wood took us sightseeing. Over bridges, up and down hills and it's all so gorgeous. The trees are still in color and haven't fallen yet altho it was right nippy today. We're in a Bed and Breakfast in a home which overlooks the inlet from the ocean. And the sunset tonight was beautiful----I'll add that picture (or two or three). We went up to the Citadel where you see over the whole city, the shipyards, the old neighborhoods and the new tall buildings---what a contrast!!! Then we drove down to Peggy's Cove which is an old fishing village complete with lighthouse, boats, lobster traps and ramshackled old things that look like they're going to collapse into the water. The sun tried to come out today but the clouds overtook it most of the time. Then tonight we got the pretty sunset. I would love to come back here for a few days during lobster catching season.

This morn our hostess fixed us bacon and eggs with the trimmings--other guests were there too--namely 3 French Canadian ladies whose husbands had left this morning at 4 am to catch tuna!!!! One year they caught one that was almost 1000 pounds and that year the price was $25 a lb. Made a great haul (little pun there) on that one. But they usually get 400 lb and a good year will get them a 6 or 700 lb. tuna!!! They were done and gone by the time we got back here.
This picture is for YOU, Jolynn



It's just one exciting adventure after the other. Tomorrow we teach the self employment workshop, then hit a couple gift stores and a grocery store to see what they have that's new and excitingly different and in French, then head for Prince Edward Island on Tuesday. That night we give a seminar to all the District Presidency, high councilors, bishops, branch presidents and whoever else on the employment program---2 hours worth. Wednesday and Thusrday I understand we have individual meetings with people.......and a trip to Green Gables!! So we really are doing some work!!!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

I have to admit...sometimes it appears that you are actually on an extended vacation...

Such beautiful pictures!

Jolynn said...

Which picture, Duffus or the lighthouse? Cuz I love lighthouses and I call Braeden Duffus!=) I think we're putting in a move to someplace near New England. That cave I was hoping for just might not cut it anymore.

Kim and company said...

Wow wow Wow!!! What are these beautiful sights? So gorgeous and wonderful! What a mission---what an opportunity! Coming home to us at the end may seem BORING!