BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Fall in New England



Fall has really arrived. The above pictures are at a pond just up the street from us. The pictures really don't do the colors justice---they were alot more vivid than this shows!!! Yesterday we went to Springfield to make a visit (it's west of here) and decided just to head north and drive thru the Berkshires and up into Vermont!! What afantastic drive. We stopped in Stockbridge to visit the old town and the Norman Rockwell Museum (which was a "must see" for grampa). Ended up driving about 250+ miles and didn't get home til 8:30. You would get a laugh out of the sign on the Mass Turnpike "Highest Pike Elevation: 1724 feet". No, Patti, we didn't do anything when we were here in the 60"s. I guess we went somewhere when Dick's parents came to visit--Plymouth, I think. But that's it---too busy with school I guess. But we'll not make that mistake this time. Especially since we have so much traveling to do anyway!!! The drive thru the Berkshires was thru very old towns, winding two lane roads. These people here really celebrate the fall harvest with lots of pumpkin pick your own patches and harvest fairs at the farms around. All the Inns and Bed and Breakfasts were full with travelers. It's one of the busiest times around here. This is dad's favorite tree right across the street. Now, I'm going to TRY and put a video on. It's amazing how you can't see any of the chapels around here. Of course you can't find your way around without a GPS anyway. We went to Stake Conference in the Boston Stake today and the video shows how we get to the Stake Center in Weston. Wish me luck..... !!
Well,I guess it's uploading but sure is taking a long time. Well, we are doing missionary work altho it probably doesn't sound like it. Went to a zone conference Thursday, we studied for the workshops we have to present in Canada, made business cards, lots of emails to the different stakes, setting up visits, stake conference today--I guess Danny Ainge is in the Boston Stake. We've visited a couple of one stop job centers in Marlboro and Lowell. The Stake President we talked to today is expecting a bunch of unemployed people in his stake soon. We're singing in our ward choir and December 13 is a multi denominational Christmas program where several churches are preparing Christmas Choir Music to present on the same program---including bell ringers!! On Tuesday it is the LDS church turn to prepare a dinner for those in need and serve. Every Tuesday a different church does it. So we'll be there for that. And we have a service project in the making for at least 4 hours per week. Dear Romney was not a popular guy around here as he spent all his time trying his big for the presidency instead of being a gov. I guess he is known for building "his church there on the hill"---the Temple. We'll be posting from Canada----including Anne of Green Gables, so stay tuned. And just for your amusement I'll just add some more of the 60 pictures I took of fall in New England!! Hope your bottoms didn't get sore from sitting and reading all this.

Next day---well, this spent all night trying to get the video downloaded with no success. What shall I try now???




4 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the pics! Especially those ones of the Lake and all the trees. You guys missed the first snow yesterday...be glad you were there, not here!

Kim and company said...

Wow---drink it up! sounds like you guys are working and playing hard! I love that combo!

jen Whetman said...

Oh! Back East is sooo pretty!!! You are so lucky to be doing your service and getting a little vacation, well extended.

Melanie said...

WOW! Can I come visit? I miss you!!!