BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Catching up



I'm trying to get all the pictures I want into the blog so they can be saved!! This is the mission home. It's tucked away in a very nice neighborhood and you can see from the outside, you wouldn't know it from the others around!! But it's a beautiful home with a huge kitchen and great room. Built in 2000 it's got wood floors a baby grand piano and pictures and furniture that suit it just right. I*t's made for entertaining!!! There's a bedroom specifically for Apostles and Church Presidency.

We started on our own today without our trainers. Visited the Mission office which is in Natick, a nice New England townand met the sisters that keep the mission on track!!! The PPresident's secretary is a black gal from Atlanta and she is a hoot!!! I think tomorrow we're going to a zone conference. And we visited two onestop career centers and got acquainted with the staff and what they do. One was in Lowell and what an old New England town with cobblestone streets and narrow streets and tall buildings that are so quaint!!! This is such a cool area!!!!

The leaves are changing rapidly and today was the perfect day to be out and around with sun and 70 degrees!! But I also noticed that when we came home there was a snow stick on top of the fire hydrant. I certainly hope the snow doesn't get to the top of the stick or we're in deeeeeeep trouble. So the vacation is over and we are getting ready to teach part of the self-employment seminar next Saturday and Monday in Nova Scotia and some career workshops other places in Canada. Then on November 8 we're teaching an employment training session for the Stakes in the region and on Nov 15 a career workshop in Concord, NH. Lots of learnin' to do before that!!! So off to study!! It's amazing how important this type of work is!!!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

We are so grateful for your example of service...great to hear that the work is moving on for you. In today's economy, your contribution will be even more impactful. And enjoy fall while it lasts. I don't know how your winter will compare to ours, but ours is rotten.

Karla and Mike said...

Wow! Pretty nice "crib" for the Mission Prez and his wife. It sounds like your days are full and you have plenty to do and see. I didn't know much about the Church employment program, but it seems to be alive and well in your area! I'm impressed with your energy and spirit of adventure. Get those people back to work!! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Canada.
Karla

Carrie said...

I'm jealous that you're there when the leaves are turning. KC and I got to go to Massachusettes last fall and it was gorgeous! I couldn't get over how many trees there were.
Looks like you've got some pretty nice digs there! Can't wait to see the pics of Prince Edward Island!!

Patti said...

70 degrees?? Eeek. For someone who used to live in Boston, you sound like you're seeing it for the first time. But, even *I* now realize how fuzzy memories can be from 45 years back! I was in southern NH a couple years ago in May and even in the cool drizzle it had to be one of the most beautiful places I'd ever seen, even without the fall colors. But fall colors mean cold weather, and that's where I have my disconnect. Weather aside, this sounds like quite an adventure!!!

Janae said...

Sounds like a lot of fun... Okay I want that house!!! oh right thou shall not covet.. I can't wait to hit 7- degrees.. We love Ya

Anonymous said...

.comLooks like you're going to have one hellava mission where even your work sounds like fun. Thanks for your descriptions of the area. The nature part of it sounds strikingly like it appeared in 1940. Lemme see....that would be 68 years ago. My, how time flies.

You appear to be doing great...as we all expect you will. Keep on truckin."

BBD

Amy Spalding said...

Thanks for your comments on Sam's birthday post!! He was excited to hear you are in the home of the Red Sox. I can't believe I hadn't told him that before! Anyway, he says he wants a Red Sox bat....which may or may not exist...but he would be happy with ANYTHING!! :)

Jolynn said...

Ohhh it's sooooo beautiful!!!! We are so blessed to have a missionary granny and grampy!!! We love you. Tom loves the Red Sox hat!