BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sister Evans, our mission "mom" invited all the senior couples to the mission home for Thanksgiving dinner along with some of the Elders and Sisters. It was a full house. All the seniors brought food and there was enough to feed any army!!! And sooooo good. This was after we had eaten a full meal at the hospital where we volunteered for the early part of the day. The Evans at one time had a decision to make....whether to buy a soft serve ice cream machine or a snowmobile. They figured they'd get much more use out of the ice cream machine and so it came with them to Boston. What a fun treat!!!!

Senior couples and sisters get first in the line for any meal!!



President Evans cutting the first turkey



Filling up the plates.


Sister Evans and Elders


Sister Evans, Elder Haskell, Elder Harris, Elder Wilson, President Evans, Sister Hasketl




Dad doing his thing in the kitchen...

The rest of these pictures we took as possibilities for our Christmas card.




W took this at the hospital by a stretcher in case we wanted it on the Christmas card...you know, to show what we're doing...





Since I haven't kept up with the blog I know I'm duplicating some pictures, but with my computer glitches, I can't get things organized enough to remember what pictures I've alread posted. And I do want to keep these!!


We do have to remember our local Market Basket where we do most of our grocery shopping. Lots of stores that are very posh and charge more...








This year we decided we had to do something different concerning Christmas presents. With decreasing funds (after all, I haven't worked for a paycheck this year!) and the need to get away from the hundreds of presents, we decided to do a 12 days of Christmas for our families. Our apartment was a mess of stuff, wrappings, scotch tape, ribbons, gifts, and trying to keep everyone's piles separate, even though the gifts were basically the same for each family. We shipped everything by two days before Thanksgiving. And that was THAT!!! It's sooooo hard to go into stores now and see something that would be perfect for a grandchild and not get it!! I have to slap my hands to keep from buying.....










The challenge was getting sixteen boxes into the car so we only had to make one trip to the post office. Then there was the $350 mailing bill!!!! Ouch....but worth it!! We love our kids....

3 comments:

Kim and company said...

Wow! What a production! I've been shopping for my brood--and I was thinking about how you possibly do it for 30 plus grandkiddos! Crazy! Love your pix! Love the snow (from a far!) Love you two!

Kristin said...

What a fun gift it has been so far! The kids love the excitement of one gift every day, and they actually feel closer to you with a gift like this than they would with a couple of things mixed in on Christmas day. We sure feel loved!

jen Whetman said...

You two must really love your families! I'm sure you're their favorites. The 12 days of Christmas is a great idea. I may have to try it on my family sometime. Love the pictures!