OK, so why do you think people look at me funny when I'm driving in temps about 22 with the drivers side window down????? Wellll, it's because when I took the parking ticket at the hospital this morn, I rolled down the window and it would NOT roll up!! So I had to leave the car locked and the windown down. I parked in a place that was dark so hopefully no one would steal Maizie (GPS) out of the car. Well, 4 hours later, everything was intact. But I tried all the way home to get that magic button to roll up the windown. Of course it didn't. Dad had a coughing, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes today so he had to stay home from the volunteering---he has more cooties than anyone in the hospital!!! So we took off to pick up a cake mix and frosting with that cool air just a blowin in.......so I pull out of a parking lot and hit the magic button and voila!!!! The window goes up!!!! In the meantime we made an appointment at the chevy dealer to have it fixed tomorrow at 0700. So dad will go down in the morn, roll the window down and see if it comes back up!! Meanwhile, I will NOT roll the windown down for anything---including paying the tolls on the MASS Pike!!!! We had our first career workshop Saturday with amazing results. No boss there to make us nervous and we did good!!! There were 18 people there which is considered a large group. The NY group likes to keep theirs smaller. But it took every seat we provided so I'm glad we didn't have a lot of non-RSVPers there. The weather was nice so the New Hampshire and Connecticut people made it just fine. Tomorrow night we meet with the Stake Presidency in Exeter Stake. It's in New Hampshire but the Stake Pres lives in MASS. Crazy borders. Well, here it is Friday the 13th. Decided I should combine several days worth of writing so you can submerge yourself for an hour and see pictures and I just discovered with my new camera the videos actually download!!! And if I keep them to about 30 seconds they download in a few minutes rather than overnight!!! So following you will see a couple of sections I took today on the way home from Zone Conference. It's picturesque even without the fall leaves. I love driving thru these areas on the narrow roads altho in one I had to quick turn the camera off or run into someone. I had to get my right side on the snowbank in order to pass!! You see the tree trunks are so thick the sun doesn't even get thru. So you can imagine how it looks with leaves!!! Enjoy a couple minutes of naked trees.
Of course one of the big activities at zone conferences is checking the cars that the missionaries drive. All the missionaries in the three districts that were there today have cars as the houses are so far apart and they cover large areas. So when you come into the parking lot they're all lined up with their trunks open. Elder and Sister Ovard have been the office couple responsible for this. She is from England and is a very cool person. After the meeting today they left for home (St. George) as their 2 years are UP!!!

Now, you all know me, I was never going on a mission, blah, blah, blah, never read the B of M all the wall through, etc. etc. Well, this zone conference was something else. I'm amazed at the young elders, their dedication, their emotion, and especially their knowledge of the gospel. One of the AP's today sounded better than nearly every stake president I've heard speak. The spirit, the smoothness,the excitement,the dedication, the personality, the good looks......man, I'd like to fix him up with Brianna!!!! It's hard to believe the guys are only 19 and 20!!! Only a couple sisters there so we didn't get to hear from them!!
While they do all their role playing, the seniors have.....well, it was mostly a gab fest!!!

Whenever there's a zone conference, the ward relief society provides lunch. Today one of the sisters was a caterer and the lunch was terrific.....bbq chicken, beans, a wonderful salad, brownies, cookies. Afterwards all the missionaries get up and sing to the providers.
Now, no trip is complete without a few new colorful homes. Blue with a pink door; the bright blue one with the red door is for sale if anyone is interested......



Just as a note. We've been really studying this Boston accent. "r" is practically nonexistent. North is pronounced "naw th", percent is pa-cent, chair is chaih, New York is New Yah-k,gove-ah-ment, so staht saying it!!!
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day------happy love to all of you!!!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Our car is tired......
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I was laughing like no other with this one. I'm sure you're giving those other missionaries a run for their money due to your quick whit... You need to give your hubby the camera while you're driving so you don't drive your van into a parked tree.
Post a Comment