I put this picture on for a reason. It was one we took from the Prudential Center during the winter. Look at the big green space in the middle of the picture. Imagine a 16 story hotel to the right, which you obviously can't see. And then imagine the view from the top story of that hotel.
OK....tonight we had a meeting at the place I just described. It is the Four Seasons hotel and the top 3 floors are condos owned by individuals. This couple bought this condo 24 years ago----they were the second buyers in the new building. Driving there took us 1 hour and 40 minutes (the GPS said it would be a 40 minute trip). HA HA HA...dream on when you're in Boston. I was so mad by the time we got there.........but.....after having the valet park our car, opening the door for us, calling the owner who had the meeting, getting directions from the gatekeeper and riding the cherrywood elevator up to the 16th floor (after noticing the glass chandelier in the elevator), we reveled in the view!!! The whole view----it was amazing. The front wall was nothing but windows!!! I didn't even have my camera to take a picture!!!! The condo is 1800 square feet with a big front room, small kitchen area but a big table, the lady is an artist so the whole place...well, at least all the walls that weren't windows.....were covered with her paintings. BUT...and here's the amazing part.....they are wanting to sell. Any guesses as to how much??????????? Start saving your pennies....10 million dollars. They said they probably won't get that much, but hey...I'll settle for 8 mil!!! It's all location and view. But I wouldn't want to be there in an earthquake. The wife said she wasn't worried about an earthquake, as this is the back bay area and it's landfill on the water. At least on the 16th floor, you might end up on the ground floor as the building sinks........When we walked out of the building our car was waiting for us right there and the valet opened the door for me!!! What a life!!
Once again, the weather is what everyone is talking about. Yesterday and the day before and even today we hit severe thunderstorms and rain so hard the wipers couldn't keep the window clear to drive!! And hail to boot!! I don't like driving with lightning dancing off the road right around me!! Lots of damage with downed trees and flooding and wind that's crazy. But then you listen to the weather channel and Orlando is getting hammered (hi Patti) as is the midwest. Then I look at the temperatures in the south and I'm glad I'm where I am. Hopefully we have good weather on Friday as we will be on the water at the Tall Ships parade!! More on that Friday night!!!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
View from the TOP
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 7:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wouldn't that be the life! Having someone at your beck and call 24/7... That would have been nice to have had a picture, but imagining it was o.k. What a crazy, busy city.
Post a Comment