July 6--almost the 7th
I just read everyone's blog and most of you got caught up--especially Jolynn!! Way to go Jo!!
I wish I could figure out how to add pictures and all that stuff--I guess that will come someday...but for now, we are trying to keep up with life. I had rotator cuff surgery the day after Jolynn got rid of Earl. I hate being in a sling!! Do you know how much you can NOT accomplish when you can't lift one arm??!! But the physical therapist said if I accidently lift it during the night or in the "flight or fight" response, I could tear out all the anchors that are keeping the ligaments attached to the bone and the next repair would not be nice. I've heard all kinds of bad stuff about this surgery--how it hurts, how bad the recovery is, etc. etc. Well, I haven't taken any pain pills, my range of motion is way beyond what is expected at this point and I'm dying to sleep on my left side!!! No go there!! Patience is a virtue I don't have!!
Had dinner with Jo, Bob, Judy and Al at our favorite Chuck-a Rama last week. I guess none of us are the worse for wear and it's fun to get together for a couple hours every year or so:). Next weekend we'll have girlie weekend in California with the folks. Look for pictures to come!!
Our mission papers have been in for over a month. Period. The nice little lady calls and says everything is in order--EXCEPT----my blood levels that tell how I've been controlling my diabetes over the last 3 months. Well, I could have told anyone that my non compliant nature would result in bad results. Sure enough, there is a strict number that the blood level has to be below. I started at 10.3--which is nicely high :). So two weeks later I checked it and it was 8.8---still no go. Two weeks later it was 8.3. "Keep going, sister. You're doing fine". GRRRRRRRRR. So tomorrow is another blood draw and it better be below 8 or Dick is going without me. I feel like a pin cushion checking my sugar levels every couple hours and shootin insulin like a druggie. IF it's 8 or below tomorrow, we should have a call by a week from Wednesday. I guess I'm pretty lucky because it usually takes at least 3 months to get the levels down. We'll see.
I have nothing to report for just the two of us---we spend lots of time with the family. It was great having David and family here altho it was way too short. We've been seeing Mindy's family lots--even went to the July 4th parade in Tooele!! It lasted 90 minutes--much better show than Grouse Creek, Mandy!! Brianna has graduated from high school, Lauren gave up her spot on the cheerleading squad because she would rather dance, Taylor is turning 16 and driving, Austin and Preston are having a big birthday party Saturday, we're going to St. George with Rick's family and the last week in July Rick and Dan and their families will be here so there'll be some good partying goin on!!
For now, it's sack time. Have to build up my strength for the next blood draw.......
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Way to go Girlfriend! Okay---here's easy direction for pics. When you write a blog--there is a small toolbar directly above your writing. Experiment with that. You can add video, pictures or etc. It's VERY easy. You can even go back in to the blog you wrote and add pictures. Go for it!
Post a Comment