BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 22, 2009

<
...[breathing into paper bag] - More rain? Seriously? We've all just slogged our way into summer with dreary skies, soggy grass and chillier than usual temperatures. Must we endure another week of this wet, amphibious gloom? Where is my friend, the dazzling sun? Lifeguards are lonely. Golfers are grumpy. Kids are bouncing off the walls. And the school year is ending. Will summer ever get here? Extended weather report says: Maybe by the end of the week.

This is a quote from something I read here.......it is now June 26 and I can officially say that this Nor Eastern weather sucks.........not a missionary term, I know. The humidity is so high the steam just rises from the pavement and drags you into the vortex.....sound familiar to anyone???? The extended weather report DID say we would now be in a week full of sunshine...and then last night it all changed and we get humid, wet, cloudy stuff every day. Oh yes, the sun does come out for an hour or so and that's when the steam is worse than any boiling kettle whistle I've even seen. I went walking yesterday and the temp was about 70. But by the time I got back to the point of origin, I was totally drenched..my clothes were soaking, my hair was dripping, my sunglasses had sweat running down the lenses and I could find no reason on earth to be pleasant to anyone or anything!!! And "they" say it's going to be much worse in July and especially August. Oh for the western heat!!! And now all the mosquito warnings are out. With all the ponds, streams and bodies of water (one of which borders our parking lot), it's a haven for those nasty things. I look forward to fall!
And I have discovered you can't wear polyester pants in this humidity. They don't "breathe". They just get wet and cling and make you hotter. Great for wash and wear but........


We've entered the birthday season for our family. Welllll, I guess with this family, EVERY season is birthday season. Except for February when we only have 2!! Today just happens to be Scott's 45th!!! How could I possibly have a 45 yr old kid??? I remember so clearly when he was born here in Boston, baptized a Catholic in the hospital and so many things he did in his toddler years!! And now he has a 20 yr old! Happy Birthday to my favorite oldest son........and happy anniversary to Scott and Sean.

I should have done this every month....but here are the other June birthdays: my dad turned 93!!

Then there's Collin who turned 12 and plays the clarinet and plays a mean game of baseball.


Clarissa is now a big 3 yr old sister who composes and sings her own music when she's not being a princess

Sweet Preston turns 5 in July

Braeden, our Jr. Olympic Volleyball star will be an old 17

Kaden turns 11, probably with a baseball or football in his hand.

And...my piano playing, Lego master, smart kid, Austin, turns 9 in July

And our dancing queen, Lauren, finshes off July when she turns 15. Now, I hope I didn't forget anyone in June and July!!! If i did, lash me with wet noodles......oh my, I did forget someone.......JANAE!!!!

She'll never forgive me for this picture......but I won't tell you how old she'll be. And with Rick, they have an anniversary in July.

Isn't it amazing how you can fill up a blog post when you don't have anything to say??? July will bring some more fun things to write about.....now, I must find my umbrella so we'll be ready to picnic in the rain tomorrow!!!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Ok THAT was a cute post. What a star Grandma you are!

Janae said...

you know that I will just get you back!!!! I have some very becoming pictures of you!!! it was a great post and I really don't mind being an after thought!! have a great day!!

Jolynn said...

Holy Cow that's a lot of birthdays! It was fun seeing all the pix and realizing that everybody is getting so old!!!=)

Kim and company said...

Hey Grandma and Grandpa---sorry for the soggy weather! It's toasty here! We love you!!

jen Whetman said...

I can just see you so pleasant after your walk... NOT! Did you feel the same way as you did at work when a certain population would come in for super 'special' reasons? You're too funny! Hope for sun.