My family has been having a great time with a site we found with a lot of words like they're pronounced here. Any Rogers people......we already have 58 or so emails on the subject so don't look!!!!
www.boston.com/travel/boston/multimedia/boston_accent_audio/
That's the site. It has created so many comments and now we're all sending dumb words back and forth. I also include this picture of a shirt I just bought.
So this has been a busy week for us----at least since we went to the aquarium. We had to spend Wednesday and Thursday trying to create the Self-
Employment workshop materials so we were comfortable with it. And Thursday we volunteered at the hospital selling daffodils for the Cancer Research. The flowers came from Seattle!! (And some of them looked like it!!) But we sold out in 40 minutes!!
Saturday we had our first Self-Employment workshop and it went surprisingly well!! We hadn't taught any of it since Canada back in October when we really had no idea what we'd gotten into. It was a group of 7 (the ideal is 7-10) so we were able, as a group, to work with each person. They each had already started their own business and the insight they had for each other was impressive!! Then today we had a Sunday drive of 230 miles!!! This morning we did the 5th Sunday (on the 4th Sunday as we already have a 5th Sunday appt next week) presentation on self-reliance and being prepared for the trickle down effect. The Exeter Stake has called a terrific older couple to be the Stake Employment Specialists and they are going to really do a good job, which will sure be a help to us. Then we drove out to the Springfield Stake to talk with the Stake Pres and the High Councilor over Employment. Their problem is that they don't even have a full high council or full presidencies in the stake!!! And they have a problem that we are running into more and more. People are being offered jobs....but they won't take them. "I don't want to work at BJ's" which is like Costco. They have chips on their shoulders. They think something wonderful is going to drop in their laps!! And then there's a group that just doesn't want to work. The heck with the gospel principle of providing for yourself and family....they're happy being on welfare and not working. Now I know we all say we'd love to get the paycheck without working but what about your feelings if that were the case???? No guilt?? Anyone who has the answer to that question??? You could make millions!! Now that's self-employment!!
So on we march! And that new grandbaby is due now. So our phones are on day and night. It's hard not to grab some of these babies we see in church........
The trees are beginning to bud so spring is coming!! I love it being still not quite dark at 8 pm...
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Bahstun accent......
Posted by Galloping Grandparents (GG) at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OOOooh I love it that you guys are doing so terrific! I love it that you seem to have found your groove---I knew you would be wonderful!! And I think it is sad, sad, sad that you cannot hold the sweet babies, but I understand!
I love the T-shirt! Could you ever imagine talking like that? I bet they say the same about Utah accents. Remember the LDSH Daffodil sale every Spring? I miss that. Sounds like you two are busy little bees, spreading, spreading, spreading. Good for you! Post some Spring pictures, it will take your mind off the upcoming new grand-baby, maybe (NOT).
Post a Comment