BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Temple Assignment



Today we had a special Temple assignment from 08-1200. So we showed up, change into our whites-----except we could keep our black socks and shoes on---that looked strange!!! But we were assigned to kitchen duty!! Hmmmmm, wonder what that would be. Dad's first assignment was the salad bar!! He had to cut all the eggs, peppers, olives, carrots, lettuce, pineapple, cottage cheese and whatever else there was and set it up on the ice and make it look pretty. And he accomplished that!! Had I ever made rolls??? Welllll, ahhhhh, sure, I can follow a recipe. To my delight the dough rose and rose and rose and I got 11 dozen rolls on the pans, baked and butter on the top!!! I did not have to suffer the disgrace of fallen dough.
Then we cut carrots for the pot roast tomorrow and then made egg salad sandwiches for lunch. By noon my body was about ready to hit the floor. But they have a great system for feeding and it looked good enough for me to stay and eat. But we had to run to the Belmont Chapel to make sure we have internet access for our workshop on Saturday.



The Belmont Chapel is an architectual nightmare, in my opinion. It's like a maze and you're never sure where you are. You have to go upstairs to get to the chapel--depending on what door you enter and there's all kinds of jogs and jigs. Oh well.

Once I got out of the Temple and driving for a while it was very apparent that I was kinda sick----aching all over, sore throat,clogged nose but we chose to come home the scenic route. We drove all over Belmont and WOW!!! If you've got the bucks, that's the place to live. Beautiful, beautiful area and monstrous homes. There is an older section but I bet it's kinda pricey too. We ended up in Lexington, which was find with us but I was too achy to walk around so dad got out and took the pictures.


This is looking to Lexington Green where the battlefield was. There's all kinds of homes around it now so I'm sure it didn't look like that in the 1700's.











I sure didn't appreciate what these battle meant for our country when I was in school but seeing all this stuff has made me really think about what these colonists went through for our country. And be sure to let us know when the kids are studying the revolution so we can send them stuff from the area!!!

Last picture is of our Relief Society presidents house. It's back in the woods and it's such a pretty place. They've done the building themselves and it's still not finished inside.


Here's another home!!! Looks like a hotel to me!!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

No, missionaries can't get sick! Take care of yourself :)

Kim and company said...

It is amazing to peek in on your adventures. It seems that every day you are having need to take picture of all that beauty---it is extraordinary! Thanks for letting us see!

Catrina said...

As always, beautiful pictures! These pictures can also be used later on by various little ones that are doing projects that include these historic sites that you are visiting!!

jen Whetman said...

It sounds like both of you are really enjoying the Missionary life. I'm sure your heart was pounding when you had to make the rolls, at least Dick's heart was while he was cutting the vege's and making them "look pretty". That's great you two are spending so much time together. Thanks for the posts, they're awesome!

Kristin said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

BTW-It was so fun to "see" you on Sunday. The girls had a wonderful time and we appreciate your patience with them. I am sure their excitement with the webcam made you dizzy at times.