BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting ready

With only 12 days to go, I don't think I'll be ready!!!! September is roaring up the freeway, the house is in transition and I can't decide what to take and what to leave home. How can I possibly leave 14 pairs of shoes here?????

We still don't have a place to live in Boston but we're getting close to deciding on something. We'll just have to take our chances on what the DI in the Mission home can loan us to furnish a place. You can't find a furnished apartment in the suburbs without adding $600 a month to the rent. But most of them seem to have swimming pools and a lot have fitness centers. Only a couple places have covered parking so we'll be scrapping the ice and snow off the car all winter. Most places don't have washer/dryers and I hate going into the spooky basements (I've read too many crime books) and sharing washers and dryers with all the other people in the world.

But ready or not, we'll be in the MTC on Sept. 1. We've learned a lot more about our calling. We're to be the regional employment specialists. We have no office--our virtual office is out of our car and apartment. So we'll be on the road a lot visitng wards and stakes, teaching (boy, do we have a lot to learn before we can teach anyone anything!!). Our area includes all of New England, New Jersey, eastern New York and 5 Canadian Maritime provinces. Sure hope gas prices continue to go down!! Our immediate supervisor is in New York City! So it's going to be an adventure for sure.

We speak in Sacrament meeting this Sunday the 24th but don't get up early to be there at 9 am. We will have juice, milk, cinnamon rolls, etc. afterwards (at 1030).

We'll be in the MTC til Sept 12 and from what we understand there will be no visitors, emails, phones, etc. Snail mail is all there is!!! So we'll be basically unavailable. The evening of the 12th we come back home, load up the car and leave early the 13th. We'll spend a few days with David in Chicago, a day in Pittsburg with grampa's sister and then on to Mass. I think we're going to detour and do Independence, MO too.

It's been a fun summer seeing all the kids and grandkids and I just can't figure out how to take them all with us:(

So it's onward with trying to get ready.

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

We are soooo excited for you two! We're going to miss you, and hopefully we'll visit next summer. It's going to be a sacrifice leaving all your grandchildren, but you are such an example to us all! We love you!
Tom, Jo and family

Kim and company said...

Wow your blog is so vividly colored now! Fun! We just adore you and excited for your new adventures! Ye-haw We pray for you daily and more! We'll keep checking in for updates! Kim, Dan and gang!