BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Timez a Flyin'

Well, 5 weeks sounds good enough but when you say 35 days....that's scary!! One of our office seniors got home to the Apine area and they called back and said it was overwhelming being home with the ward, all the family, etc. They thought they needed to come back to the organized office!!! I'll take that chance.

We've been talking with our replacements and they are in the "oh no, what have we done" mode. They talk in church today which was a big stressor for them and we're about to confirm a place for them to live. I know that not having a place to come to was a big stress factor for me. Once we signed (online) for the apartment I felt much better. But the reality of leaving for the MTC in a week was heavily on their shoulders. I'm glad we're on this end of things!!! We went to the Mission Home DI and the basement is full of stuff to make a house a home. So we'll get enough furniture and trimmings so they can arrive to a partially furnished home and at least be able to sleep and cook and sit!!! They keep asking us if WE would live in the places we've looked at for them. The place that is most likely is a 100 year old triple decker but it's quite charming!!! All these places have beautiful hardwood floors. I'm going to include some pictures so "I" can remember what they look like.








Last night was our last senior outing with the group and it was very interesting. We had a potluck dinner at the home of one of the mission counselors and then attended a fireside by Grant Bennett. He was bishop of the Belmont Ward at the time the Temple was being argued over and eventually built. He was involved in the zoning meetings, all the delays by opponents, court hearings about the Temple being too large, they refused to grant a spire and the Angel Moroni to be added. It was actually dedicated with no steeple and angel!!! Belmont Hill, as it is known is the second highest point in the Boston area. Of course, on a good day you can see the ocean from there so being "the highest point".............anyway, it was interesting to see how, when the Lord wants something done, it gets done!!!

Now, my question is, where did we get all this "stuff" that is in our apartment??? I keep sending boxes home and I don't think I'll have room at home for everything!!! Yes, I AM a packrat!!!

1 comments:

jen Whetman said...

Oooh! You two are so close to coming back to your own home!! How exciting! Hopefully your drive back home will be safe and adventurous (in a good way). I'm so excited for you both.